Back pain is amongst the most common causes of worry among adults and teenagers.
- It can result due to a variety of reasons, from improper posture to direct injuries.
- It is also a condition that sets in with age due to weakening of the back or degenerative disks.
- The pain can itself be a problem or a symptom of some other ailment and identifying the cause is the key to treating it.
What is back pain?
Back pain is a term usually used to denote pain felt in the lower back. However, it can also be felt anywhere on your spine. Back pain can affect your movement and physical capabilities, impacting your quality of life in various areas of everyday functioning.
What are the signs & symptoms of back pain?
The symptoms of back pain can range from mild to severe:
- Dull, aching sensation in the lower back, which can travel down to the buttocks or the middle or upper back.
- Stabbing or shooting pain radiating down the leg from your buttocks.
- Inability to stand up straight
- Decreased and painful movement, along with a diminished ability to move the back.
If the back pain is caused by a strained or a pulled muscle, it will usually be short-lived and will go away on its own. The discomfort can be further eased by using effective pain-relief gels such as Moov STRONG.
If any of the above symptoms of back pain do not subside over time, consult a doctor.
Back pain is considered to be severe if it is accompanied by any of the following symptoms:
- Weight loss
- Swelling on the back
- Pain that goes beyond the knees
- Pain during urination
- Loss of control over bowel movements
- Numbness around genitals or buttocks
What are the causes of Back pain?
According to experts, the most common causes of back pain are:
- Strain on the back or any of its components
- Rupture or bulging of spinal disks
- Sciatica (caused by a herniated disk or a bulging disk pressing on)
- Abnormal spine curvature
- Kidney problems
- Improper posture and sudden movements
How to cure back pain?
Back pain can be treated after identifying the cause. Depending on how severe the pain is, the following treatment options are suggested:
- Medical treatments
- Medication (including over-the-counter medications such as Moov STRONG gel)
- Physical therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Early treatment can be helpful while learning how to avoid back pain.
How can Moov STRONG help to get rid of back pain?
Moov STRONG contains Diclofenac, the No. 1 doctor recommended active ingredient for acute pain relief. It helps you get rid of pain quickly.
Three active ingredients – Diclofenac Diethylamine, Methyl salicylate & Menthol topical gel, together, work wonders to give you relief from muscle pain.
When should you seek medical help for back pain?
You should see a doctor if you experience the following:
- Extreme pain
- Persisting back pain
- Numbness or pain in the buttocks, leg, or foot
You should seek emergency medical help if you lose control of your bladder or bowels.